Communication is a priority to everyone at OTE. The third grade team utilizes a variety of communication methods including:
1. Classroom Websites: Our classroom websites will provide you with useful information about our classroom throughout the year. We will update them as needed to keep you informed of the happenings in our classrooms.
2. Assignment Notebooks: This will be the main form of communication as both parents and teachers will see it daily. At the beginning of the year, please check in with your student and start the routine of discussing it. There is a place for your signature so we know that you have seen your student’s assignments and homework responsibilities. This is vital to have at school each day. If your child needs to have a replacement assignment notebook, they will be available in the office for $5.00.
3. Friday Folders: Students will bring home their Friday folder at the end of each week, empty it, and return in each Monday. This year this folder was given to all students free of charge. If your student needs a replacement folder, you will have to purchase one from the office for $2.00.
4. Email: Third grade teachers will make every effort to check email during our plan time (10:50-11:50 am.) Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Fridays. Please send messages at least 24 hours in advance (or call the office if it's the day of) to pass along important information. You can also contact us via email with questions or concenrs. Please allow 24 hours for a response.
5. Grades and Progress Reports: Parents will be able to view their student's grades throughout the year using ParentVUE.
6. Report Cards:Report Cards will be posted in ParentVUE quarterly and report your child's progress in the core curriculum areas.
7. Parent/Teacher Conferences:Fall Conferences are scheduled in October. Teachers request meeting with all parents during Fall Conferences. Spring Conferences can be scheduled at the teacher's or parent's request, but they are not mandatory. These times are perfect for sharing successes and setting goals for the remainder of the year.
8. Student Absences: If your child is going to miss school, please email their teacher and report the absence on-line.