Welcome to AVID 11: Class of 2018
A look at a typical week in AVID 11...
**College/Career/Counselor visits will occur throughout the school year.
Junior Year Expectations
1. Double check you are signed up to take either the Practice ACT or PSAT in October (through school).
2. Take the ACT at least one time by the December testing date. Students will need to register for the ACT at www.act.org. Plan to take multiple times this year if you are working towards a certain score! *Check if any of your potential schools will require the writing section – if so be sure to register for ACT with writing.
3. Attend at least one college fair (Olathe and Shawnee Mission are in October and Blue Valley is in April).
4. Set up an opportunity to job shadow a person in a field of your interest. (strongly recommended)
5. Fall/Spring – plan a college visit for your top schools of interest (strongly recommended). The junior year is the critical year for visiting schools. It is important that you make arrangements to talk with an academic advisor during your college visit. They can give you detailed information on what courses you have to take in that major, the number of credits required and other expectations.