What does it mean to be gifted?
Gifted students are students who show an above average intelegence and application level than that of their peers. Students are generally observed to have superior problem solving abilities, persistent intellectual curiosity, and a high level of conceptual understanding. Students identified as gifted often also possess, but are not limited to, the following traits:
- Asks searching questions
- Considerable depth of knowledge in multiple areas.
- Shows persistence
- Is able to master grade-level work easily.
- Displays high level of abstract thinking.
- Exhibits high moral judgement.
- Demonstrates concern for world problems and/or fairness.
- Displays highly developed sense of humor.
These websites provide great information on the gifted student and information about giftedness: